Sunday, July 19, 2020

Pug-tastic!

Hi Everyone! I am so excited and honored to be Guest Designing this month at Hedgehog Hollow! Today I am bringing you an Infinity Shaker Card using the July Hedgehog Hollow Subscription Box. To begin, I have used all of the adorable pug images in this months kit. I stamped them all out using my MISTI and Memento Tuxedo Black Ink. I then have colored in all the images using Copics in the following colors: E13, E15, E18, E40, E41, E42, E43, YR1, Y23, R21, YG03, YR68, W3, W6, W9, and W10. After coloring up the images, fussy cut them so that they are ready for the next step.
Next I have cut a piece of the cardstock to 5 1/2 inches by 5 1/2 inches. I then used the fabulous stencil included in this months kit with Catherine Pooler Inks in the following colors: Pixie Dust, Fiesta Blue, Aquatini, Garden Party, Limoncello, Bellini and Be Mine. I applied these colors using blending brushes. I love the coverage that the blending brushes give me and the vibrancy of the colors from these inks on the included cardstock.
We are then going to stamp our sentiment, Pug-tastic from the same stamp set, using Memento Tuxedo Black.
Next attach the pugs to the background.
Next I have cut a piece of acetate to 8 inches square. I then scored the acetate at 1 inch on the bottom, 1 inch on the left side, and 1/14 inches from the top and from the right side. Because we are not using any foam tape on this shaker, we need to leave a little extra room on the dimensions of the acetate to account for the dimension of the shaker bits. We then will clip the corners of the acetate so that the acetate will fold cleanly to create the shaker pouch. Next, use double sided tape along the back of the panel on all four sides. You want to create a seal all the way around to make sure your bits don't leak. Place the card face down on the acetate and peel off the backing of the double sided tape.
Attach three sides of the acetate, leaving the last side open. I am using Sparkle Blends Pawsome Pets Sparkle Mix. This is such a great shaker blend. Add in the shaker bits and then seal the last side. 
Now as this is a 5 1/2 inch card, we are going to take another piece of cardstock and score it at 5 1/2 inches and add adhesive to the small flap. Then cut a second piece of cardstock to 5 1/2 inches. Adhere the two pieces together to create the card base.
 The hinge piece will go behind the front shaker so it will not be visible. Finally, attach the shaker to the card front and there you have it.


I do hope that you have enjoyed this project and would love to see you give it a try!
I can't wait to see what you create!
Hugs,
Judy

2 comments: