Friday, July 31, 2020

Who Doesn't Love A Butterfly

Hi Everyone! Today I am sharing with you a fun and easy project that you can really use for lots of different occasions. You may have seen shaped cards done by people and wondered how they do it. Well, lets dive in and let me give you a few pointers. First, I am using a butterfly shaped card. This is a die set that is designed to be used either as a large layered die cut set or as a shaped card. For my card base I am using the largest die. I am folding my Pop Tone Black Licorice Card Stock in half and positioning the fold inside the top of the die. This way the top of the card will stay attached, giving me my card base.


Next, using the second largest die I am going to cut out a shadow layer from Pop Tone Razzleberry Cardstock and using both the same die and the interior die I am going to cut the "fancy" layer using Stardream Metallic Silver Cardstock. Now here is another trick. I personally like to make using intricate dies easier for myself by adding on my adhesive before I die cut. So, take some Scor Tape and place it on the back of what you are going to die cut. So you are adhering one side and leaving the paper on the other then running it through your die cutting machine. It makes it into a diecut sticker in one pass. And now all you have to do is assemble your layers.


I also used the smaller dies using Stardream Metallic Gold Cardstock and following the same technique for the body and antennae and added a touch of lavender bling. So here is the final result. What do you think?



Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you have enjoyed this project!
Hugs,
Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment